1) If I am not putting coins in the meter or a receipt on my dash how will the parking officer know I've paid?
Your parking transaction and time are automatically displayed on the handheld device used by the parking officer.
2) Is it safe to make payments like this via a mobile phone?
Yes! You only have to enter your credit or debit card details when you first set up your account. These details are encrypted and do not have to be entered, displayed, or spoken during a transaction. Your Blue Dot Parking account is protected by a PIN of your choice.
3) The instructions on the meter at the parking bay say I need to display a paper receipt on my dashboard, does that still apply when I pay by my smart phone?
These instructions apply to coin or card payments into a meter only. When you pay by phone you no longer need to look for a machine as you can simply pay from your vehicle or at the parking location.
4) How do I contact someone if I need help?
Go to the “Help” section in your “Settings” or the “Contact Us” page on this website.
5) How do I add another vehicle?
Go to the “Settings” section and go to “update rego / add vehicle” and enter or change your rego details.
6) How do I update my credit card details?
Go to the “Settings” section and go to “update credit card” and enter or change your credit card details.
7) How do I change my PIN?
To change your PIN go to "Settings" section in the app, select "Change PIN". It will ask you to enter your current PIN then select a new PIN
8) How do I change my account details, such as Mobile Number or Email address?
You will need to email Blue Dot Parking to update your details. Use the “Help” form from within the app or “Contact Us” on our website.
9) How do I view my parking receipts?
Go to the "Settings" section of the app, click on "Receipts", hit the green "Show" button on the right hand side next to the required receipt you wish to view.
10) How do I email a receipt I need?
Go to the "Settings" section of the app, click on "Receipts", check the box next to the receipt you require to be emailed, then hit the green "Send email" button. You will receive a notification from "Blue Dot Parking" that the receipts have been sent successfully to your registered email address.
11) How long can I park?
You are still responsible for obeying local parking regulations, which vary from location to location. The Blue Dot Parking application will not allow you to park for a period of time longer than posted limits, and will automatically end your parking session when the posted time limit has elapsed.
To ensure you do not go past the designated time limit, be sure to look for signs near where you’ve parked indicating that area’s time limits.
Your question not listed above? Submit the below form & we will answer your question.